Cambridge University Press APCs for open access publishing
ABOUT THE AGREEMENT
EIFL has negotiated waived and discounted Article Processing Charges (APCs) for authors from EIFL partner countries when they publish in a fully open access (gold) journal. In addition, authors from countries that have signed a read & publish agreement can publish for free, at no APC cost, in open access in a hybrid journal or a fully open access journal.
Waivers & discounts for fully open access journals
Below are the agreed terms for publishing in a Cambridge University Press fully open access (gold) journal:
- Waived article processing charges - no fees for corresponding authors from: Congo, Ethiopia, Ghana (please check publishing terms for hybrid journals in the section below), Ivory Coast, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lesotho, Malawi, Myanmar, Moldova (please check for publishing in hybrid journals in section below) , Nepal, Senegal, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- 50% discount for all corresponding authors from: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Botswana, Fiji (authors from eligible institutions can publish for free in fully open access and hybrid journals, please check section below), Georgia, Kosovo, Maldives, Namibia, North Macedonia, Palestine (authors from eligible institution can publish 2 articles each for free in fully open access and hybrid journals, please check section below), Serbia, Ukraine, Uzbekistan
NO APCS FOR HYBRID OR FULLY OPEN ACCESS JOURNALS VIA READ & PUBLISH AGREEMENTS
Corresponding authors from the below affiliated institutions in Estonia, Fiji, Ghana, Latvia, Lithuania, Palestine and Moldova, where consortia have signed read & publish agreements, can publish their articles for free in open access in hybrid journals and fully open access journals from Cambridge University Press:
- Estonia: Tartu University (full collection), Tallinn University of Technology (full collection), Estonian Uni of Life Sciences (STM collection), Tallinn University (HSS collection), or Estonian Academy of Music & Theatre (HSS collection).
- Fiji: Fiji National University
- Ghana: Check the list of eligible institution here
- Latvia: Daugavpils University, Liepaja University, National Library of Latvia
- Lithuania: Vytautas Magnus University (HSS collection)
- Moldova: “Alecu Russo” State University of Balti, “Bogdan Petriceicu Hașdeu” State University of Cahul, “Grigore Țamblac” State University of Taraclia, „Ion Creangă” State Pedagogical University, Academy “Stefan cel Mare” of Ministry of Internal Affairs, Academy of Economic Studies of Moldova, Academy of Music, Theatre and Fine Arts, Academy of Public Administration, Comrat State University from Moldova, Free International University of Moldova, Moldovan State Institute of International Relations, State Agrarian University of Moldova, State University of Medicine and Pharmacy “Nicolae, Testemitanu”, State University of Moldova, State University of Physical Education and Sport, State University of Tiraspol, Technical University of Moldova, Trade Co-operative University of Moldova
- Palestine: Birzeit University, An-Najah University, Al Quds University (limited to 2 articles per institution)
- Article types covered: research article, review article, rapid communication, brief report, case.
- Article types NOT covered: Book reviews, Discussions, Editorials, Introductions, Letters, Meeting reports, Proceedings
- For definitions of the above visit this page.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS
Once the completed licence to publish form has been received, authors will receive an email from Rightslink-CCC, who work on Cambridge’s behalf to collect Article Processing Charges (APCs). All authors must complete this process. Within the Rightslink process, corresponding Authors from eligible countries should select their country and select ‘Apply Discounts’. They will then be returned to an updated version of the charges page, where the net total will be updated to reflect the waiver.
HOW DO I KNOW THE EXACT COST OF THE DISCOUNTED APC?
This title list shows the full price of the APC of each title. You will have to reduce the price by 50%.
You can also double check this by clicking on “Download our full list of APC charges” on this Cambridge University Press website page in case the APC has changed since the title list was last updated.
HOW CAN I FIND JOURNALS THAT ARE INCLUDED IN THE OFFER?
You can view the title list here and browse it by subject. This title list will be updated twice a year, no later than 31st July and 31st January each year. The current list was confirmed on 30th November 2020. Please note this list includes fully open access as well as hybrid journals, which are not included in the offer for all countries. For country-specific title lists, please see below 'Where else can I publish in open access?'
TITLE LISTS OF ELIGIBLE JOURNALS
Click on your country below to get the list of all the journals that EIFL has negotiated open access publishing terms for. You can browse the list by subject, impact factor, and publisher.
Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Botswana, China, Congo, Estonia, Ethiopia, Fiji, Georgia, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lesotho, Lithuania, Malawi, Maldives, Moldova, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, North Macedonia, Palestine, Senegal, Serbia, Slovenia, Sudan, Tanzania, Thailand, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Contact us if you have questions at firstname.lastname@example.org