SAGE APCs for open access publishing
ABOUT THE AGREEMENT
EIFL has negotiated waived and discounted Article Processing Charges (APCs) for authors from EIFL partner countries when they publish in a fully open access (gold) journal. In addition, authors from countries that have signed a read & publish agreement (Lithuania and Slovenia) can publish for free, at no APC cost, in a hybrid journal.
Terms & Conditions
Below are the agreed terms:
- Waived article processing charges for fully open access journals - no fees for corresponding authors from: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Botswana, Congo, Ethiopia, Fiji, Georgia, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lesotho, Malawi, Maldives, Moldova, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, North Macedonia, Palestine, Senegal, Serbia, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- 20% discount for fully open access journals for corresponding authors from the below affiliated institutions in Estonia and Latvia:
- Estonia: Academic Library of Tallinn University, Tartu University Library, Tallinn University of Technology
- Latvia: University of Latvia, Riga Stradins University
- 20% discount for fully open access and no fees for hybrid journals for corresponding authors from the below affiliated institutions in Lithuania and Slovenia when publishing their articles in open access in the SAGE hybrid journals included in their SAGE Premier subscription.
- Lithuania (SAGE Premier 2016 collection): Kaunas University of Technology, Klaipėda University, LCC International University, Lithuanian Sports University, Lithuanian University of Health Sciences, Mykolas Romeris University, Vilnius Gediminas Technical University, Vilnius University, Vytautas Magnus University
- Slovenia (SAGE Premier 2021 collection): Univerza na Primorskem, Narodna in Univerzitetna Knjiznica, University of Maribor, Scientific Research Centre of the Slovenian Academy of Sciences and Arts, Urban Planning Institute for the Republic of Slovenia, Educational Research Institute, Institute for Ethnic Studies, Institute of Oncology Ljubljana, European Faculty of Law.
This discount cannot be combined with any other, such as Society discounts, promotional discounts or prepaid order discounts. If the author is entitled to or claims multiple discounts, the highest single discount will be applied.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS
The waiver or discount is automatically applied as SAGE’s system will recognise an eligible corresponding author’s affiliation to eligible countries or institutions.
For the waivers in fully open access journals, the system applies the waiver once the author identifies themselves as affiliated to one of the eligible countries.
For the discounts in fully open access journals or the no fees in hybrid journals via read & publish, the system applies the waiver or discount once the author has selected their affiliated institution during peer review.
Once the paper has been accepted for publication, authors are sent to the acceptance and payment page, where they accept the publisher's terms & conditions and review their payment information which will automatically show the discounted or waived APC - provided the conditions are met.
If the waiver or discount has not been applied, please email email@example.com and the SAGE team will investigate the issue.
How do I know the exact cost of the discounted APC?
You can check the full list price APC on each journal’s website. This title list includes a URL for each journal. On the journal website, click on the link for “Submit Paper” and then “Article Processing Charges”. You will need to calculate a 20% discount.
In case you find a reduced APC price on the journal website (a promotional discount) which is higher than 20%, then you should use the promotional discount and not the EIFL discount.
TITLE LISTS OF ELIGIBLE JOURNALS
Click on your country below to get the list of all the journals that EIFL has negotiated open access publishing terms for. You can browse the list by subject, impact factor, and publisher.
Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Botswana, China, Congo, Estonia, Ethiopia, Fiji, Georgia, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lesotho, Lithuania, Malawi, Maldives, Moldova, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, North Macedonia, Palestine, Senegal, Serbia, Slovenia, Sudan, Tanzania, Thailand, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Zambia, Zimbabwe