ABOUT THE AGREEMENT
Cambridge Journals Online offers access to a multidisciplinary collection of 404 leading journals, including over 200 published on behalf of learned and professional societies.
Cambridge Journals are recognized globally for their quality, scope and editorial integrity. Many are the leading journals in their fields and together they form one of the most valuable and comprehensive collections of research available today.
Cambridge Journals Online covers a broad range of subjects across the humanities, social sciences and science, including: anthropology, archaeology, area studies, art, astronomy, chemistry, classical studies, computer science, drama and theatre, earth and environmental sciences, economics, education, engineering, English language Teaching, film, media, mass communication, general science, geography, history, language and linguistics, law, life sciences, literature, management, materials science, mathematics, medicine, music, nutrition, philosophy, physics, politics and international relations, psychology, religion, sociology, statistics and probability
- The Complete Collection includes access to 404 online journals for 2021, including back files. 162 journals in STM, 275 in HSS and 69 in Medicine.
- Free access to back issues (not including the Digital Archive) for the duration of the deal - for most journals these files extend back to 1997
- Almost 60% of titles are indexed by Thomson Reuters - 161 journals are indexed in the Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI) and the Science Citation Index (SCI) with a further 46 titles indexed only in the Arts & Humanities Index
- Behavioral and Brain Sciences is placed top of the entire Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI)
- American Political Science Review, Behavioral and Brain Sciences, Journal of Economic History, World Politics, and Microscopy & Microanalysis are all ranked number 1 in their categories
- Powerful search engine, which provides full-text searching throughout the database, and offers the advantages of Boolean searching
- Access via Athens and Shibboleth as well as via IP address
- A mobile version (which also requires less bandwidth) is now available
- Citation links to CrossRef, PubMed and Google Scholar
- Perpetual access to paid for content
- All content is with OCLC to ensure long term availability - agreements are due with PORTICO