- Launch an open access, OAI-compliant institutional repository, for both texts and data.
- Help faculty deposit their research articles in the institutional archive.
- Help to publish open access journals and create open educational resources.
- Help in data curation and sharing.
- Spread a word about open access.
- Undertake digitisation, access, and preservation projects not only for faculty, but for local groups, e.g. non-profits, community organizations, museums, galleries. Show the benefits of open access to the non-academic community surrounding the university, especially the non-profit community.
(Based on What you can do to promote open access written by Peter Suber).